CAL/OSHA Protection of Workers from Wildfire Smoke (Permanent Standard)
The California Division of Occupational Safety and Health (Cal/OSHA) has finalized the permanent regulation addressing indoor and outdoor worker exposure to wildfire smoke. The regulation addresses worker exposures – NOT to firefighters, but to any employee working outdoors during a wildfire event, as well as indoor industrial workers. This presentation will cover:
- Hazards that outdoor workers are exposed to during a wildfire event;
- Conditions under which the regulation applies;
- Workplaces subject to the regulation;
- Requirements of the regulation, including monitoring, respiratory protection, and training components; and
- Components of the required system for communicating wildfire smoke hazards to employees.