Hazardous Waste and Materials Compliance
Yorke Engineering’s in-depth knowledge of California’s unique regulatory schemes for hazardous materials and wastes enables our team of environmental engineers to help clients comply with the myriad, and occasionally conflicting, local, state, and federal requirements. With our statewide staff’s extensive experience with the personnel and programs at the Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) and local Certified Unified Program Agencies (CUPAs), we effectively serve clients whether they have one facility in California or hundreds.
Primary Haz. Waste & Materials Services
- Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC) Plan;
- Hazardous Materials Business Plans (HMBPs)/California Environmental Reporting System (CERS); and
- Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) Reporting.
Hazardous Materials Management
- California Accidental Release Prevention (CalARP) and Risk Management Plans (RMPs);
- Emergency/Contingency Plans;
- Underground Storage Tank (UST) Management;
- Spill and Release Planning and Resolution;
- Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act of 1980 (CERCLA)/Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) Federal Compliance;
- Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS) Screening;
- Polychlorinated Biphenyl (PCB) Management; and
- Chemical Inventories.
Hazardous Waste Compliance
- Waste Characterizations;
- Waste Exemptions/Exclusions;
- Waste Tracking and Reporting;
- SB 14 Pollution Prevention Plans;
- Tiered Permitting, Including Permit by Rule;
- RCRA Part B Permit Applications and Renewals; and
- Hazardous Waste Tank Certifications and Air Emissions Standards.