Employee safety is a priority in any business, and Yorke Engineering has helped our clients achieve and maintain compliance with California-specific health and safety regulations and site procedures. Our professionals are experienced in assisting facilities of all sizes in developing scalable and sustainable health and safety programs, procedures, and best practices that meet the regulatory compliance criteria established in the workplace by the California Division of Occupational Safety and Health (Cal/OSHA).
Yorke Engineering provides on-site occupational safety and health evaluations, recommendations for corrective actions, comprehensive health and safety program review, and training content and support for mandatory health and safety training required in the state of California. We also provide consultation and support to clients that have received Cal/OSHA citations and penalties, and we have assisted clients to navigate negotiations that will determine fines and abatement plans ordered by Cal/OSHA.
Yorke Engineering’s services include the following assistance with California Code of Regulations (CCR) requirements:
- Injury and Illness Prevention Plan (IIPP) per Title 8 CCR Section 3203;
- Emergency Action Plan (EAP) Development and Implementation per Title 8 CCR Section 3202;
- Hazard Communication (HAZCOM)/Safety Data Sheet (SDS) System Support per Title 8 CCR Section 5194;
- Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plans per Title 8 CCR Section 5193;
- Respiratory Protection Program per Title 8 CCR Section 5144;
- Workplace Violence Prevention (currently this applies to Health Care Only) per Title 8 CCR Section 5097;
- Ergonomic Evaluations and Recommendations per Title 8 CCR Section 5110;
- Hearing Conservation Programs per Title 8 CCR Section 5097;
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Surveys and Hazard Assessments per Title 8 CCR Section 3380; and
- Cal/OSHA 300 Injury Log/Occupational Injury and Illness Recordkeeping per Title 8 CCR Section 14300.
OSHA and Cal/OSHA Compliance Assistance
Our assistance with OSHA and Cal/OSHA compliance includes:
- Program identification, development, implementation, review, and training;
- Job Hazard Analysis: identify, evaluate, and control potential job-related risk factors;
- Site safety evaluations and Gap Assessments;
- Hazard Abatement Certification documentation;
- Assistance responding to Cal/OSHA citations, penalties, and required abatement plans; and
- On-site inspection management.
Mandatory Employee Training
Yorke Engineering’s expert staff provides site-specific training programs designed to meet regulatory requirements and instruct facility employees in routine compliance. Training materials are based on years of experience and custom tailored to the specific hazards and practices at your facility. These training topics can include:
- EAP implementation;
- HAZCOM/SDS system support;
- Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plans;
- Respiratory Protection training;
- Workplace Violence Prevention (currently applies to Health Care Only);
- Workplace Ergonomics;
- Hearing Conservation;
- Incident Investigation; and
- Lockout/Tagout (LOTO).