GHG Inventories, Footprints, and Plans
The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has recently proposed rule amendments that require many large businesses to include climate-related information as part of business’ registrations documents and periodic reports, including the reporting of Scope 1 and Scope 2 Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions. Investors have started to weigh the GHG impacts of the businesses they choose to invest as well as their plans to reduce GHG emissions. Many businesses already disclose their emissions using protocols that classify emissions by scope. The SEC is seeking require businesses to include this information and standardize the information that is provided. Additionally, more local, state, and national agencies, as well as consumers, are pushing for transparency in company and facility GHG emissions and inventories. Yorke has experience in producing inventories and reports for:
- City and County inventory preparation;
- City and County plans and protocols, including Climate Action Plans;
- Scope 1, 2, and 3 GHG emission calculations and footprints;
- Corporate carbon footprint using EPA and World Resource Institute GHG protocols and IPCC Standards; and
- CEQA Air Quality GHG Technical Reports.